Last week we had our first ever Just Bee Christmas party and we would like to say thank you to all you lot that joined us at Pop Brixton for a wonderful night of festive fun! As you can probably imagine, it wasn’t just Honey Water consumed and there were a few worker bees with sore heads the following day, but it was bee-rilliant to celebrate our first full calendar year in buzzness together J. When Worker Bee Hannah (chief party organiser) mentioned ‘Christmas spiced honey muffins’ we knew we had a perfect treat for our guests. And boy did they leave such a gorgeous smell in the kitchen – seriously bees, you won’t be able to resist these! What’s more, they’re refined sugar free (made using our bees honey of course!), and they’re gluten and dairy free for those who prefer it that way too! What are you waiting for; it’s time to whip out your chef hat ASAP!
Just Bee’s Christmas Spiced Honey Muffins
Time: 15 mins prep and 20-25 mins to cook (and 30 seconds to devour!)
Serves: 12 muffins
350g ripe banana (approx. 3 large bananas)
100g coconut oil, melted
2 medium eggs
1 tsp. vanilla essence
125ml dairy free milk
220g rice flour (or an alternative flour of your choice)
80g ground almonds
2 tsp. baking powder
1 heaped tsp. ground cinnamon
1 heaped tsp. ground ginger
½ tsp. ground cloves
140g chopped walnuts
80g dried cranberries
- Preheat the oven to 160°C/Gas Mark 5.
- Line a muffin tin with 12 paper muffin cases.
- Peel and mash the bananas, then set aside.
- Whisk the eggs in a large bowl using a fork, and then add all the remaining wet ingredients including the mashed banana. Mix well until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, sift the flour, and then add the remaining dry ingredients. Stir gently to combine.
- Fold together the wet and dry mixtures and mix until smooth (taking care not to over mix or you’ll lose the desired spongy muffin texture!)
- Finally, add the chopped walnuts and dried cranberries and stir one more time.
- Divide the mixture into your prepared muffin tin and bake for 20-25 mins, or until golden and springy to touch.
- Cool on a wire rack or serve straight away whilst still warm!
… and how about the rest of the party? Well it was at Pop Brixton in London, which is an amazing event space made out of shipping containers! We sold the 30 tickets on eventbrite very quickly (next time we’ll get a bigger space!) and it was SO lovely to meet lots of you busy bees. We had an array of festive treats to keep us going throughout the night, we enjoyed a gorgeous yoga class led by the wonderful Katy Bateman, and like any good party, we sent our attendees home with a wonderful goody bags filled with lots of healthy delights. A huge thanks to all those brands that contributed and made it such a special night: Willy Chase's, Mighty Fine, Hiver, Chikas, Ombar Chocolate, Jimini's, T Plus .
Make sure to check out our Facebook page if you’d like to see more photos from the event and feel free to drop us an email if you’d be interested in attending a Just Bee event in future. Our Worker Bees are always open to hearing new ideas for event locations and activities!
As we get closer to Christmas, have a super week bees and make sure to keep those feet on the ground! We know how easy it is to take flight!
Until next week!
Blogger Bee x